Old Town House, 23 Cross Hwy.
Redding Center, CT 06875
Diane F. Taylor (R) Chairman
Thomas R. Flagg (R)
Nancy E. King (D)
Toby S. Welles (D)
James E. Bacon (R)
Anda E. Cumings (R)
Regina O'Brien (D)
Members of the Planning Commission are elected Town Officials.
Alternates are appointed by Board of Selectmen for four (4) year terms
The Planning Commission was authorized in 1956 by a Town Meeting vote because of the growing concern about the future of land use in Redding as development increased. The Planning Commission creates and regulates subdivisions and approves referrals from adjacent towns, regional agencies, State DOT, Water Pollution Control Commission, Board of Selectmen and Zoning Commission.
Every ten years, the Planning Commission prepares the REDDING TOWN PLAN OF CONSERVATION AND DEVELOPMENT, an overall plan for the future development of the Town in coordination with the Open Space Plan written by the Conservation Commission. This Plan serves as a general guide for all land use commissions and sets forth the ideals that will safeguard the nature of Redding as the Town undergoes the inevitable changes that time will bring. The 2008 Plan is on the Town website. Click on Town Plan.
By authority of Connecticut General Statute, Section 7-149a and Town Ordinance adopted 1/17/86, the Planning Commission is delegated the authority to designate Redding Roads or portions thereof as, “Scenic Roads”. Alterations to Scenic Roads may be made only by application to the Planning Commission.
Meetings of the Planning Commission are held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month, 7:30 p.m., in the Old Town House (or as posted at the Town Clerk’s Office and the Town’s web site calendar).
Subdivision Regulations and application forms are available at the Land Use Office/Old Town House.